So if you’re confused about whether you should stay on WhatsApp or switch to Signal then let me help with it.
• Issues with the new policy – Imagine you trust Zayn and you are really comfortable in sharing your secrets with him, he even promised you he won’t share it with anyone. But one day Zayn said you can share your secret with him but he will share your secret with Harry who is really bad at keeping secrets so, now will you share your secret with Zayn ?
• WhatsApp Vs Signal
Also Read – 11 Ways Of How to protect your mobile data
* WhatsApp – WhatsApp messenger is a messaging app where you can text message and voice message. It also allows it’s users to share photo, video, document and audio. WhatsApp also has a feature of status where you can simply upload a status to interact in a better way with your friends.
Good aspects : –
1) Users – About 2 billion people are on WhatsApp messenger which means most of your friends are there on WhatsApp. This leads to interaction with friends being really easy, especially comparing it to other messaging apps where the probability is less.
2) Status feature – WhatsApp not just allow it’s user to have one on one conversation with their friends but also have them interact in a better way using the status feature.
3) Interface – WhatsApp is used friendly. It is really easy to understand and use.
Bad aspects :–
1) Privacy – Before WhatsApp messages where end to end encrypted but now we can see Facebook having access to your group chats.
2) Backup – Though WhatsApp says your private chats are end to end encrypted but if you use Google drive as backup for your chats then there is a chance that your chats can be read by a hacker.
Signal – Signal is a cross platform encrypted messaging app, it is developed by Signal foundation. Founder Brian Acton was the co founder of WhatsApp and the other founder is a cryptographer.
Good aspects :-
2) Interface – The interface is user friendly and eye-catching.
1) Users – Signal has 10 million users now which is nothing in front of WhatsApp’s user base. This also lead to less of your friends available on Signal.
2) Status – Unlike WhatsApp, Facebook signal does not have any status feature.